Saturday, January 19, 2013

Do You Diet Bet?

I just did something I've never done before! I took a photo of myself on a scale, along with my weight, and I put it on the internet!

Why would I do something so crazy?

How does to win money sound?

Well maybe not to win money, in a perfect world, I'd just get my buy in back. Let me tell you all about it!

(please ignore the closet spewing shoes across the room, I promise it'll be fixed ASAP!)

If you follow FitFluential at all (and I'm hoping you all do, its easily one of the most motivational online communities for people wanting to live healthier lifestyles) then you may have hear they are running a January DietBet.

DietBet is a website, through which you can gamble some money against reaching a weight loss goal. The process is dead simple. Taken from their 'how it works page':

"Lose Weight. Have Fun. Win Money. DietBet is a game where you've got 4 weeks to lose 4% of your starting weight. To begin, everyone puts money into the pot. After four weeks, whoever's hit their 4% goal is a winner and splits the pot."
For the FitFluential January Diet Bet, the buy in is only $25, and the pot is already over $7600. But I don't want to focus on the pot, because rather than being a competition, DietBet is a community of support, where you can cheer on fellow participants. In that light, I say lets see this pot split as many ways as possible between as many winners as possible! Lets get out there and for the next four weeks Eat Clean and Train Dirty!

(My Starting Weight. Please ignore my hobbit-like feet, gross!)

So there are two things I want to talk about to start things off. 1) My reasons for doing it. 2) How I feel about it. So you can expect those posts in the next few days. In the mean time

Its not too late to join in! You have until tomorrow night to join up and weigh in! So click on over. It only cost $25, but really its free, because you're going to kick butt and lose that 4%!

3 comments:

  1. Neat idea...
    Michelle
    http://normalchaosforamultitaskmom.blogspot.com/2013/01/whats-my-focus.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I think this is great but you do not look like you need to lose 4%. You're a fit girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it's a combination of needs and wants, realistically the 4% should just be a natural consequence of eating healthy and exercising frequently over the next 4 weeks.

      Delete