Thursday, January 3, 2013

40 questions about 2012

I can't help filling these things out when I see them on other people's blogs. This one came to me by way of Delightfully Awkward Brit. I took a break from graph making to fill it out.



1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Surfing, in Hawaii on the Fourth of July (also running over a small child with a surf board oops! Child was ok)

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make resolutions, instead I have a 25 before 25 list, which although I won’t complete them all by my birthday, it did lead me to a more awesome year than it may otherwise have been.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully.

5. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
The good sense to save my money. Also a better organized life.

6. What countries did you visit?
The states (including Hawaii) and Italy.

7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
March 3rd. Cause I met a boy, and he asked me for my number.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Running my first Spartan race!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not meeting my half marathon goal, but it’s not all a failure, because I did get into running this year, something that I have tried to do before and failed at.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing super serious, but I did see a doctor about the shin pains and had the worst cold/flu I’ve had in a while over Christmas.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new video camera.... so you can expect to see videos maybe on my blog in 2013.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Cousin’s Krista and Brian, who got married, and we celebrated. 

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I hate people sometimes. 

14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, tuition, travel.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Italy with my family to see family.

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Maybe anything by the Lumineers....or Gangnam Style.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner.
iii. richer or poorer?Credit Card, you sir are being paid off and staying that way this year.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Gone to the mountains... so close yet so far.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Procrastinating on things for no good reason.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With the family, like I do every year.

21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.

22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Yep.

23. How many one-night stands?
0

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Modern Family really grew on me this year.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I hate people sometimes... but abstractly

26. What was the best book you read?

Love love loved Betty White’s newest book.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lumineers by way of my boss (who has sometimes questionable taste in music.

28. What did you want and get.
A tattoo!

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Avenger’s Movie, Silver Linings Playbook, lots more I can’t think of right now.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 24, went skating downtown, then drank in a basement pub downtown.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery... if only I had bought a ticket.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Hippy Dippy, sweaters my boyfriend hates, boots most of the time and Lululemon every other day.

34. What kept you sane?
Who says I have to be sane?

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hands down Jenna Marbles.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Believe it or not, all of the resurgence of abortion legislation, an issue I thought of as being long since settled.

37. Who did you miss?
My family, friends spread all over the world and my old doggy.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Obviously Kevin.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
Setting big goals, even if you don’t meet them on time, while drive smaller successes.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Sit Tight, Take Hold, Thunder Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment