Friday, August 31, 2012

Uptown 17th : The Big Cheese

Ever just crave poutine....or perogies? How about both?

The Big Cheese Poutinerie on 17th ave SW can give it to you.


This is one of those hole in the wall spots that is perfect for your lunch break, or for 2am post bar feasting, and I've enjoyed it for both those reasons. They've got like 30 odd flavours on the menu, sorted into what kind of meat your getting with all that cheese and gravey (or veggie options too!) along with a special each month.


On special, that I was sure to come back for again before the month was out, is the Perogy Poutine, Cheese Curds and Gravy, plus caramelized onions, bacon bits and sour cream....oh and whole perogies fried up fresh as well!

 Turns out I wasn't the only one coming back for it, because they added it to the regular menu. (Which is maybe a good thing cause it's amazing...and maybe bad, because I haven't tried any other flavours since).


Anyways you can see what I pigged out on for lunch today....sooo much goodness in one small paper box.

If you love poutine, I challenge you to find a better place in this city to get it, or with friendlier staff. Big Cheese, you have a special place in my heart...and in my stomach!


Big Cheese Poutinerie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment