Sunday, August 12, 2012

Scully and Mulder together again?

First: Mr David Duchovny was my very first crush, way back in my childhood years there really wasn't anyone more appealing than the erratic, true believer, little bit of a bad boy Agent Fox Mulder.


Second: If you grew up in the 90s, then you know you spent many sleepless nights, terrified to sleep because of something that happened on an episode of the X-files. Recently I asked the boy to name his most memorable/terrifying episode and believe it or not we both recall the same one: Darkness Falls. Featuring swarms of killer bugs that spin you into cocoons and kill you (recall the person who seeks shelter in a car only to have the bugs find their way in through the vents). Maybe it comes from growing up in black fly country (norther Ontario) or just the creepy crawly nature but this one surely stands out the most.



Third:
When 'I Want to Believe' came out in 2008, I was thrilled, it had been so long since the end of the show in 2002, and you bet I rushed out to see the new movie. Was a mildly disappointed that this film featured no aliens sure, and I probably wasn't the only one as the film received mostly negative reviews. But I was happy to see Scully and Mulder together at last after the credits heading towards paradise.


So what do I want to Believe? That despite Duchovny's reps denying the rumours springing up all over the internet this week....That Mr. Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are in fact together in real life. Common, that really would be perfect right?

Either way, hopefully the buzz the rumours have generated might just be the best thing towards getting a 3rd movie produced soon.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, those bugs were my scariest episode too! Although I have to say since Californication started I think of him more as Hank Moody, so him and Gillian Anderson now seems a bit strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw this news I immediately thought of you haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! I almost fell off my chair when I read this. I think I spent most of my teenage years hoping they will get together (on screen and off screen).

    ReplyDelete