Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 Lists of Christmas: Christmas Movies

Yesterday I gave you my first of 12 lists of Christmas, featuring a gift guide for everyone on your list. Today I present:

List number 2 : 12 Movies to Watch this Season.

Disclaimer, ok there are some missing from this list, that you might love (I mean I didn`t even put Nightmare Before Christmas on it) but I was going with 4 categories ok. Tell me your favourites in the comments!

Technically not Christmas Movies



1. Rocky, the ultimate underdog story. Is it a Christmas movie? not really but it has many Christmassy bits, and will leave you wanting to race up and down the stairs at city hall, and shout for the one you love.

2. Tim Burton's Batman Movies, specifically Batman Returns, once again arguably not a Christmas movie per say, but for sure (much like most Burton movies) set around the holidays.

3. Die Hard the ultimate Christmas Eve is absolutely spent with Bruce Willis, taking out terrorists.

Laugh out Loud Christmas Movies


4. Home Alone (and for that matter Home Alone 2). Watching Marv get beat up throughout those movies kills me every single time.

5. Jingle All the Way, watching Arnold do what it takes to get his hands on a Turbo-Man action figure, amazing.

6. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, why not spend the holiday's laughing at the Griswalds?

Children's Classic Christmas Movies
 

7. Rudolph the Red Nosed Raindeer this stop motion classic must live in the hearts of all of us.

8. The Muppets Christmas Carol. Easily the best rendition of this time tested Christmas tale.

9. How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Jim Carrey brought the grinch to a new kind of life, but I still love the old animated version too! (yeah Max)

Top 3 in no particular order


10. Elf. "I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel." Need I say more?

11. A Christmas Story. Oh how many ways do I love this movie, so many that I can't put my arms down!

13. Love Actually. OK there has to be one perfect love story on this list, and this movie gives you several. Love actually is all around.

All images came from Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment