Saturday, January 31, 2015

Namasaturday 05: Yoga in February, Every Damn Day

Guys I think I need a serious Savasana, because January just flew by in a rush! It feels like I just set my new years resolutions and blinked and we're already one month in.

So with February here already I am setting myself a Yoga Every Day Challenge. Why?

Well really because I'm headed to Wanderlust O'ahu at the end of the month and don't want to embarrass myself there. But also because unfortunately my practice was still someone sporadic in January, so I really need to commit myself back to my mat for a daily practice.

Of course I'll be aiming to get into the studio for most days this month, but for those days when it's just too cold to leave the house (the chinook we've been enjoying here in Calgary for the past month or so finally blew itself out yesterday) there are lots of options for home practice. So let's go over some of them.

1) Ashtanga Primary Series. One of the great things about practicing ashtanga yoga is that the sequence of postures is the same for every primary series class. Which means it doesn't take you too long to know it by heart. This is great for your home practice, or more importantly for when you're travelling, since you don't need to worry about having access to your computer or your favourite yoga DVD.

2) Cody App - www.codyapp.com has a tonne of great plans and bundles of yoga lessons for great prices. Including a number by one of my favourite yogi's Kino MacGreggor. I've got a couple of plans, the videos are great and give me the freedom to change things up when I need it. Especially great is the core yoga strength plan by Kerri Verna, all kinds of planks and boat poses.

3) Yoga With Adriene 30 Day challenge - I've been following Adriene's yoga YouTube channel for a while now, and this January she posted a 30 day yoga challenge with videos ranging from 15-40 minutes each day. In general, YouTube is a great resource for your home yoga practice, and it's all completely free.

4)Speaking of Wanderlust and YouTube, they've recently posted a whole playlist of live classes from their past festivals. These puppies are a full 90 minutes long, and will be a great resource to get ready for this months festival.

That's all I've got for now, I'll update you in a week with my progress. Let me know what resources you use for home yoga practice in the comments below.

Namaste.

3 comments:

  1. Great seeing you today!

    I should start practicing the Ashtanga Primary Series regularly. I haven't done it for so long. I still need to check out CodyApp. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to state that it is some quality site i have gone by. The online journals have great substance and the webpage is all around outlined also. Understudies attempting to compose their assignments can attempt our online task help and can get a quality scholastic task composed from us. Dissertation Help UK

    ReplyDelete