Friday, January 9, 2015

Five things Friday: #Selfie Troubles

It's the weekend! And I have a beer in my hand and dinner in my belly. So here's five things on Friday.

1) I made broccoli stuffed chicken breasts for dinner. So good, so moist. Forgot to take a picture, but all you do is mince up a head of broccoli, fine chop half an onion, mix with a can of low fat cream of broccoli soup, and a little bit of shredded cheese. Stuff it into 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (just cut pockets into them), spoon the rest on top and bake for 30 min at 350'.  So moist and delicious. So easy.

2) This morning after I got ready for work I thought to myself, you look great! You should take a selfie for your blog.




Yeah clearly mirror selfies are not my strong suit. This is why I could never be a fashion blogger...that and many, many other reasons of course.

3. I finished reading I am Malala. The book is so good, I learned a lot about her, Pakistan, Islam and the desperate need for safe access to education by both girls and boys in so much of the world. In addition the book showed Malala's strength of character as well as her cheery demeanor, the importance of family and standing up/speaking out for your rights. Highly recommend the book.

4. I cast on some new knitting and crochet projects, one of them is even for me. A sweater kit I picked up at Mary Maxim. I also registered the blog www.YarnLab.ca where I'm going to begin to feature more of my crafting endeavors. This weekend, hopefully, I'll spend some time developing the blog.


This photo shows one of the problems with using cheap acrylic (Red Heart yarn) sometimes you find odd bits of plastic worked into the yarn. It also highlights my exceptional nail polish maintenance.

5. I went to a variety of different styles of yoga class this week to get back into the swing of things after the holidays. In our Hips and Hamstrings  class it was announced we'd be working on splits this month. Something which sucks! but also has me super excited, through yoga already I've been able to get further into the splits than I ever did in all the years of dance I did growing up.


Just to prove a point here's another crappy selfie from the yoga studio, I think my issue is that I just don't know what to do with my face.

Which reminds me of this beautiful Will Ferrell scene from Talladega Nights.


Well that's all for me tonight, I've got a beer getting warm, hope you had a great first full week of the new year. Hopefully if you made em, you're sticking to your resolutions so far. I'll be back tomorrow with a NamaSaturday Post.

2 comments: