Monday, February 9, 2015

Weekend Recap: Knit one, Single Crochet Two

I had a list of blog posts I wanted to write this weekend.

Instead I spent all my spare time with yarn. Here's a recap.

Friday night - Kevin and I went to see the Imitation Game. Amazing!!! I cried like a baby! Everyone should go see this movie, it's even better if you don't know anything about Alan Turing.

Afterwards I began knitting the sleeve for my sweater, which so far is just a front and back.



Saturday: I yoga'd up a storm in the AM. You know how in classes they give you the option to skip some of the vinyasa's in between sides and postures? I skipped none of them this weekend and really worked to stay controlled through my chaturangas. As a result, my arms were fried by the end of class, and sore all day Sunday.


So when I got home, I just curled up under a blanket to knit, and finished off the sleeve, pinned it out and blocked it.


Saturday night Kevin came over and I cooked us chicken stir-fry for dinner.


Afterwards we both went to bed early, because we're super cool and had to work in the morning.

Sunday I was up early to go to work and then visited my friends Gabriela and Andrew, and their awesome baby boy Thomas (who is now my best friend BTW). We spent the morning together, and went for a walk in the afternoon. I can't believe how big he's getting. He's the recipient of the crocheted baby blanket I made before he was born this summer.

Sunday evening I stayed close to home, did yoga in my living room and got started on a crocheted Rocket from Guardians of the Galaxy, while watching Beyond the Edge (a docudrama about the first summit of Everest) on Netflix.


I got as far as his torso. In the mean time, I shared a pattern that I knit up using the same yarn for my cousin's little girl Penelope for Christmas this year.


Full details are on www.yarnlab.ca. But I made her the fox dress and the bunny! In other news I really have to get to work at actually designing that website.

Amazing links from this weekend:

-Buzzfeed - Easy and Inexpensive Nutella Desserts - especially the grilled nutella and marshmallow sandwich.
-Ravelry - Heidi Bears Pattern Shop - all of her patterns, I bought the hippo!
-YouTube - CGP Grey The Lord of the Rings Mythology Explained Part 1 and Part 2.
-Yoga -Tony F Photography - One of my highschool friends, Tony, has made a real name for himself as a yoga photographer, please check out some of his beautiful pictures.

That's all for now, how was your weekend?

3 comments:

  1. The work servers won't let me watch the vid clips. I'll be back. Looks like you're having fun knitting up a storm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I've been pretty much tangled in yarn for the last month. So cozy!

      Delete
  2. I need to see that fox dress!!! Looks SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete