Thursday, February 19, 2015

Traveling with my Yoga Mat

Two more sleeps until I fly out to O'ahu for a week of sunshine and the Wanderlust Yoga Fest!

Tonight I began packing, and began fretting over this dilemma.

Which yoga mat to bring with me?


The Mat or the UnMat?

So let's do a Pros and Cons

The Mat


Pros
-This is the mat I practice on in led classes at the studio.
-Nice and thick, good cushioning for practice.
-Nice and think, can sleep on top of it in my tent.

Cons
-Big and heavy
-Would probably have to check it in its own bag (doesn't fit inside my suitcase) ($cost!)


The UnMat


Pros
-Light weight, travels easy
-I've carried it on with my travel back pack, no check baggage cost
-I have a yoga towel which can add some extra padding with it
-I practice on this mat regularly at home

Cons
-Home practice space is carpeted so thinness of mat is not an issue
-Mat is very thin, not sure about practicing on it 3 times a day on hard/solid surfaces
-Not going to do much as far as padding in the tent

So now I need your help, weigh in on the poll below... let me know which mat I should bring.

8 comments:

  1. One of my close friends, Emily, helped choosing the best yoga mat that helps providing a skid-free surface while exercising, and I am love using it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another key advantage of using a travel agency is that you always have some type of support network should you hit an unanticipated snag with any part of the vacation plans. Travel BiH

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have options on the number of seats that you will need for your vehicle, from a common vehicle that seats four people comfortably..greenvisa.io website

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your articles support me a lot in all mediums of subjects.
    greenvisa.io

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most notable feature about this blog is how it does not fail to keep its audience engaged at every point.
    www.penangstay.com.my

    ReplyDelete
  6. I figured out from your article, that for you is better to use pink matt, than blue. But before reading I was sure that blue matt will be better for you, because of bigger thickness. But it's turned out that is not a pros. Okay than I will search for me less weight carpet, than I have now. One good variants I found at hte site, when I was read about https://yogalifestyles.com/plant-based-protein-powder-review/ organic protein plant based powder review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is amazing dude. i love to visit it everyday. very nice layout and content ,  Four Seasons Bora Bora

    ReplyDelete

  8. Nice post, I would like to request you to one more post about that Keep it up

    ReplyDelete