Monday, July 21, 2014

Easy Crochet Baby Blanket with Pattern

Everyone I know is having babies, or getting married...or having babies and getting married... or their babies are getting married. Anyways, as I usually like to hand make gifts for such important things in peoples lives I've been surrounded in yarn lately. I just finished up this pretty and simple crocheted baby blanket, it's adapted from a pattern from the 1960s or something from my grandmother. So I've included the simplified pattern below.


The finished blanket is actually pretty large (that's it taking up about a third of my double bed).




I really enjoy the fact that it looks almost like it was worked in squares and then assembled, but the easy 95% double crochet pattern means no seams and really quick work up.


The pattern is very straight forward. You can use any yarn you like (and the recommended hook size on the label), my blanket took just under 4 balls of Bernat Giggles in Giggling Green (although in these pictures it does look more blue) and the white yarn was just left over Red Heart Soft Touch, which is a bit smaller than the Bernat, but I thought it still looked fine.

Anyways, feel free to use this pattern, just link me back, and drop me a comment so I can come see how your project turned out.

2 comments:

  1. http://littlemonkeyscrochet.com/call-the-midwife-inspired-baby-blanket-free-pattern/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the chart! My husband is a huge CMw fan, and he’ll think it’s cute when I make this, since I sit next to him knitting or crocheting and listening to a book when he watches.

    ReplyDelete