Saturday, July 12, 2014

DIY Ombre with Feria Wild Ombre 060

Sorry Mom.

I did a little experimenting with hair dye this afternoon. And I know how much you detest it when I dye my hair.

But I was feeling extra summery, and thought I'd give ombre a try and lighten the ends of my hair.

I picked up a box of Feria Wild Ombre, in the 060 shade, which is for medium to dark brown hair. Make sure you pick the colour that matches your starting point! It was on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for $9.99, making this just about the cheapest hair colouring experiment I've ever done.


The box comes with  a little brush for easier application, and also I picture of a model who received an unfortunately severe dip dye.


I threw on an old t-shirt (Thank you Thor Labs for always giving away free t-shirts at Experimental Biology!) and took a before picture...all brown (with a couple hidden highlights).

How I did it? Watched youtube, there are dozens of people who have tutorials up, I worked it into may hair one section at a time, and was more generous on the lower sections than the top ones.


There's nothing like the smell of bleach in the morning! The box recommended leaving the colour in for 25-45min, I went with 20, since I didn't want to have it too light. Then rince and shampo and dry and straighten and voila:


Fun summer hair that looks sun kissed! Not a huge change, but I like it!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! First time I've ever touched bleach at home!

      Delete
  2. It looks great! Kudos to you for being brave enough to try this at home!

    ReplyDelete