Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Leibster Award number 3

I'm back in action folks, have 95% overcome the month long cold/sore throat/sinus infection from hell, have travelled to Cuba, Boston and Banff, have organized my impending candidacy exam and essentially been a sick headless chicken for the past month and a half.

Today, however, I bring two things to the blog table.

1. You can now 'like' me on Facebook!! how exciting!

2. I've been again nominated for a Leibster Award (score!) this time by the lovely Kit at What A Peach


If you don't know what a Leibster award is, its a reader appreciation (I guess) award for small blogs (less than 200 follows).

To accept this award there are a few rules:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the person that nominated you asked
- Go back to the person that nominated you and let them know you have answered their questions with a link to the answers
- Ask 11 questions for the bloggers you are going to nominate
- Nominate 11 bloggers with few followers
- Go to their blog and mention you have nominated them and give them a link to find the questions you have asked them and to find out more
- No tag backs

The first time I was nominated (here) I jumped through all the hoops, the second time (here) I just answered the 11 questions back. Today, out of the interest of fun, I'm going to give you 11 fun facts as well!

11 random funtime facts about me!
  1. I don't mind doing laundry, but I hate putting the clean clothes away afterwards.
  2. I prefer dogs to cat but will likely get a kitten before a puppy.
  3. One summer I was a sea lamprey wrangler for my summer job.
  4. Last Thursday I was awake for 21 hours straight on only 4 hours sleep.
  5. Every six to eight months I get bored with my hair, last summer I dip dyed it teal... it's getting to that point again only I haven't decided what to do next.
  6. My mother will inevitably be angry with the dye job.
  7. I am genuinely contemplating not eating meat one day a week.
  8. Last night I did squats with 95lbs (for the first time in a couple months) today moving hurts.
  9. I cried during the Fellowship of the Ring when Gandalff 'died', despite knowing he doesn't really.
  10. Sometimes I melt shredded cheese on a tortilla and then roll it up and eat it...saddest unhealthy snack ever.
  11. I am so excited for the new season of arrested development on netflix, I bought this T-shirt while I was in Boston.

Now to answer Kit's 11 questions!

1. What’s your favourite breakfast?
The Hobbit Hole breakfast from Dennys (discontinued) which featured eggs cooked inside a hole in a cheese biscuit!
2. Records, CDs or iPod?
CDS! haha mainly because its either that or the radio in my car....and yes I still make myself mixed CDS.
3. What item(s) of jewellery do you wear daily?
Pretty close to everyday I wear the Tiffany's heart tag and little key my mom got me for Christmas a couple years ago.
4. What was your favourite childhood book?
Tough one, my dad used to read me the Secret Garden, and the Boy Next Door when I was little.
5. Behind the camera or in front of it?
I'm a bit of both, I can be really bad tho for taking my camera along and not remembering to take it out, once its out I'll take about a million pictures.
6. Stripes or spots?
Stripes, actually wearing some today.
7. If you could live in any different era, when would it be?
The 60s, and I'd follow the Beatles around like the world's best fangirl.
8. What is your favourite type of hat (to wear or to look at)?
Yeesh, as I was explaining to the boyfriend yesterday, I rarely think I look good in hats, and therefore choose intentionally ridiculous ones (like my spirit hood, or giant sun hat).
9. What essentials can always be found in your fridge?
Cheese.
10. What does a typical Sunday morning look like for you?
Sleep in till noon?
11. What kind of weather are you having right now?
It was beautiful in Calgary this weekend, sunny and warm...but I woke up to snow/freezing rain all over my car this morning.

2 comments:

  1. thats fun you always like to change your hair up! thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure its only hair, why not... that being said, I do probably spend most of the year with the same brown hair!

      Delete