Monday, February 18, 2013

Welcome to My Life SITStas!

I have been waiting for this day, on and off for years. Today is my featured blogger day over at The SITS Girls. And ladies, I've been a SITSter for years, through this blog, and the one before it, and the one before that. So welcome in, take off your shoes, get comfy and stay awhile.


My SITSday could not have come at a better time. Yesterday was my 25th Birthday. I am a quarter through my life, and am so blessed by how amazing it has been this far. If you want to give me an amazing birthday gift, become a follower, this last year my blog has grown, changed, split and become better than ever. And I can only go up from here. The SITS community, with all the lovely people, amazingly helpful tutorials, and sense of support has been a part of that. Thank you, up front, and honestly!


So who am I? Well you can read my about page, or just this post.

I am a new 25year old, Canadian girl, of half Italian decent (which is reflected in all the times I try to recreate my nana's secret recipes). I am a life long student, currently working diligently away on my PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (if you're more interested in that I suggest you check out my other blog www.MyLifeInALabCoat.com) and here is where I share the rest of my life with the world. Blogging has become a huge creative outlet for me, what started as an occasional hobby years ago, has truly grown into a passion (if one that can be hard to explain to non bloggers).


I grew up in a small town in Northern Ontario (I like to pretend it's the one Neil Yong is singing about in Hopeless) to my pilot father and my wonderful mother and her giant amazing loving feasting Italian family. In a Springsteen-esque manner, tho, I hit the ground running, moved to the big city (Hamilton lol) for University, and then half way across the continent to Calgary where I currently reside.



I have a passion for travel, last year, on my meager grad student budget I made it out to Italy, Hawaii, Aspen and Chicago. This year I have trips to Cuba, Vancouver and the UK already in the works!


I am a runner, yogi, nerd extroadinaire. I love fresh air and great views! And will go just about anywhere my feet can take me.

My blog is all of me, no one genre, just adventures. Curious to know what's in store for the next year? Check out my list of 26 things to do before I'm 26. Become a follower and come along on this adventure with me. I'm 25 years young, with my whole life ahead of me, and couldn't be happier or more excited!

Follow www.mylifeoutofalabcoat.com

Tweet with me @Turner_SR

Pin with me Turner_SR


Or just Love with me!

Thanks for stopping by ladies!!

53 comments:

  1. Your life sounds wonderful, Sara! Happy belated birthday,and many congratulations on your feature day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the best wishes and stopping by to comment!

      Delete
  2. Hi Sara! Please share your travel secrets on a dime budget!! What an awesome experience last year sounds like this year ahead. Happy belated birthday! What a great age, and yes you are right .so much to come ahead. Hope you have a good day & get lots of comments! Joi @ http://rxfitnesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the best wishes! and thanks to your comment, I am planning a post on how I budgeted a 10 day trip to hawaii on a grad student salary last summer. So for sure look forward to that post in the near future!

      Delete
  3. Happy, Happy Birthday and Congratulations on your special SITS Day! Wishing you peace and happiness in all you do! :-)
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the well wishes, and stopping by to comment! hope your day was amazing too!

      Delete
  4. Happy SITS day and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! 25 and you're living a life many 45, 55, and 65 year olds would be envious of! I love reading about women (and men) who live--truly live!--their lives. BTW, I am also a runner and I use writing as a creative outlet--but we don't have the biochem in common. That's hard-core stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes! Biochem is only a tiny bit hard core, I'm sure you've got something hard core that defines you to... I added you on google plus! Do you blog would love to read it!

      Delete
  5. Happy SITS Day again and Happy Belated Birthday, too. Happy to have found you through your SITS Day and am now following you on Twitter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah thanks for the twitter follow, and the best wishes! My SITS day has already sent so many amazing people my way, super glad to have had it!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on being featured Sara!
    Have a supper blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes and dropping by to comment!

      Delete
  7. Happy SITS Day! :) I hope it's an amazing one for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! it most certainly was an amazing day!

      Delete
    2. That's awesome! I'm so glad for you! :)

      Thanks for stopping by my Natural and Free blog, leaving a comment and for following me on Google+! I followed you back! Looking forward to getting to know you better! :)

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  8. Love your 26 before 26 list! And loved seeing all your pictures here! Hope you have a very happy SITS day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes! I had a great day! I am glad I took the time to make some photo collages, it seems like everyone loved them!

      Delete
  9. Have a great SITS Day! I love the concept behind your blog and will def. check out the other one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the well wishes! and taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  10. I think it's great that you're doing so much traveling. Now is the time to do it all! Have a very happy sits day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I agrees with you 100%, I'm at the perfect point in my life to do a tonne of travelling, so I am for sure doing it! Thanks for stopping by and commenting, added you on google plus!

      Delete
  11. WOW! So much energy. Congratulations on being Featured Blogger for SITS and I hope you had a wonderful 25th birthday. You are living your dream and for that I salute you. I would love to do more traveling, myself. I have a trip planned this summer to visit my grandchildren then my mom and sisters. a full trip around the United States. Even though I have a teeny fear of flying it doesn't stop me from going to see my grand babies. HAPPY SITS DAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the well wishes! and you're right, even a little fear should never stop you from important things, like spending time with your family! Thanks so much for stopping by, enjoy your travels this summer!

      Delete
  12. Happy SITS day Sara! You are a busy lady...lol! I'll be following via twitter for your birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the twitter follow and the well wishes! Hope you had a great day as well!

      Delete
  13. Happy Sits Day! Enjoy all the comment love. You sound like we could be great friends, I'm now following and looking forward to learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes and the follow! I can't wait to hear more from you around here, and over at your blog!

      Delete
  14. Happy SITS Day and Birthday. Sounds like a super exciting time for you. Have a blessed day xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, my life is certainly very exciting, thanks for the well wishes and stopping by to comment!

      Delete
  15. Happy SITS Day!

    And....
    Happy Belated Birthday!!

    Your Blog is very interesting, and you certainly fit alot into your life taking into consideration what you are studying - kudos!

    Love the lists you do each year - what a FAB FAB thing to do.

    All the best!

    Jeanine
    A Fabulous Life in Jamaica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes! I am determined to fit as much into my life as I can, school or no school, it certainly does keep me busy tho! Thanks for dropping by and commenting, will be following you along via google plus, look forward to hearing more from you!

      Delete
  16. I really need to do one of these lists! I'm thinking of a 30 before 30. That gives me two years. Happy SITS Day again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A 30 before 30 list would be great! I vote you do it for sure!! Thanks for the well wishes and stopping by to comment!

      Delete
  17. Happy SITS Day! Sounds like you have a wonderful life--I love traveling too. What a blessing you get to do it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the well wishes and stopping by to comment, I hope you had an amazing day as well!

      Delete
  18. Happy SITS Day! You sound like you have so much fun in your life! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for much for the well wishes and stopping by to comment! Will be following along at your blog!

      Delete
  19. Happy SITS Day!! Can't wait to keep reading!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! it took all of 10 seconds at your blog to know I wanted to follow you back! Love that fake stash!!

      Delete
  20. Congratulations on your SITS day. I hope it's a great day for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope you had a great day as well!

      Delete
  21. Happy SITS Day to you! And happy belated birthday, too. :D Can't wait to check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes! Hope you had a great monday!

      Delete
  22. My friend is from Calgary! She lives in the states while her husband is working on his PhD & they are about to move to another university. :(

    Loved meeting you! Happy Belated Birthday & Happy Belated SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey awesome that you know someone from Calgary! it's a great city, too bad they'll be moving away, thanks for stopping by, I look forward to hearing more from you!

      Delete
  23. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Randy
    randydavis387@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Visiting from SITS! Great travel plans- do it while you are young and not tied down. And not spoiled by pricey hotels ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. SO jealous- I want to go to Cuba so bad!! Damn American passport :) I love traveling too- can't wait to see some of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete