Monday, February 11, 2013

20 New Books

You may be wondering why I've dropped of the face of the internet this past week. I was scrambling to hand in a full draft of my research proposal to my Supervisor before he dropped off the face of the earth (literally, he went to Patagonia in Southern Brazil) for a month. Then I needed to catch up on a few days sleep, all while reading the last Wheel of Time novel, A Memory of Light (amazing!).


Speaking of books, one of my 25 things before 25 was to read 20 new books, and I recently (and just in time, my birthday is next Sunday) crossed that one off the list. Here they are:
  1. Yoga Bitch
  2. Mammoth Hunters
  3. Plains of Passage
  4. Shelters of Stone
  5. Eddie Would Go
  6. Blight of Mages
  7. We Need to Talk About Kevin
  8. Assholes Finish First
  9. Towers of Midnight
  10. Gathering Storm
  11. Redoubt
  12. Dragon Keepers
  13. The Land of Painted Caves
  14. I'll Seize the Day Tomorrow
  15. Dragon Haven
  16. City of Dragons
  17. The Fault in Our Stars
  18. The Emperor of All Maladies
  19. What Mad Pursuit
  20. Uglies
And since finishing that list: Pretties, Specials, Looking for Alaska and A Memory of Light.

So you can say I read a lot. For every one 'new' book on that list I probably re-read 2 more.

For 2013, and my new list I'll be trying to read 100 books in 1 year. You can click the link in the header bar to watch that list grow! But of course to hit that number, I'll need suggestions, do you have any for me?

What books should I read in 2013?

4 comments:

  1. The night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
    The 100 year old man who climbed out the window and disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say your post on the second book, and have added it to my list! It sounded great!

      Delete
  2. The Pillowman by Martin McDonagh
    I love your collection Sara -- can't help but notice the Anyone Can Cook, is it based on the movie Ratatouille? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pillowman... hmmm noted! I'll add that to my pinterest book list immediately!It's been a very long time since I've read a play! Anyone can Cook is an old better homes I think cook book my mom got me when I moved away from home, it's a great basics book! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete