Tuesday, June 11, 2013

20Something Blogging Prompt: Do-overs

This week's 20Something Blogging Prompt is about Do-Overs. If you got one do-over in life, no questions asked, what would you choose to do over? Why? Now this, at least for me, is a harder question to answer than you may think. I am very happy with where I am in life and the people I have surrounded myself with that the idea of changing my past (and subsequently my present) just isn't appealing to me. So lets take this prompt from a lighter direction, hmmm?

Childhood me didn't know what was coming!

1. I would have had my parents keep tiny, kindergarten me in piano lessons. I am so musically challenged, and I would love to know how to play an instrument. Yes I could solve that by going out and taking lessons, but right now it'd just cost too much in terms of both time and money. It'd be much easier if I could go back in time and impart that knowledge upon childhood me!

2. Similarly... I would have stayed in swimming lessons a bit longer. I mean sure I probably wouldn't drown, but I'm still not a comfortable swimmer by any means. Also I wouldn't have let childhood me wear goggles to swimming lessons... mainly because to this day I still can't open my eyes under water.

3. I would take more pictures, period... and with me in them, not just of things! This goes for all the time, as I often carry my camera with me, but never remember to take it out of my purse.

4. I would have worn sun screen.

5. I would not have had that extra shot/beer funnel/keg stand.

But even if I can't go back and change those things, well that's alright.

If you could go back and do one thing differently, what would it be?


No comments:

Post a Comment