Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Coffee with Scribbles and Sass

What a long day.... out of bed at 6 and in front of my computer in the lab at 6:30....but super productive! Put together a solid presentation for my lab meeting, and have my project back on track with feasible future directions.

After work I headed down 17th ave to Cafe Beano to meet Laura from Scribbles and Sass...if you haven't checked her blog out yet, I'd highly recommend you click on over there.

Did you do it? Did you click it?

And since the Chinook we've all been enjoying here in Calgary for the last week or so finally blew itself out, and the temperature dropped about 15 degrees today, I decided it was time to get this puppy out.


Oh yeah, knockoff spirit hood time! love it!

Laura and I met to chat about a great Canadian Charity Yoga-extraveganza that's coming up in March. Laura is one of the fantastic lady behind the scenes here in Calgary, and she's convinced me to help out too (didn't really take much convincing because it's a great cause, and who doesn't love mass yoga events?)


The organization I'm talking about it Power Of Movement. This is a Yoga event taking place all across Canada to raise funds for the Arthritis Foundation, which raises funds and awareness to support research into a group of conditions which affect over 4.6 million Canadians (including children!). So while you can expect to see more about this group and event from me as we approach March, click on over to their website to learn more of what it's about and register!

And we chatted about lots of other stuff too! Like how we're both from Ontario, both half Italian, both 17th ave. And as for Cafe Beano... I've never been in before (not a coffee drinker) but it's a super cute cafe, great atmosphere, great, friendly service, and cozy!

A cup of Tea and The power of movement....oh and a kick ass pipette pen!

On the walk home I was stopped in my tracks by something I saw in the front window of Steeling Home (one of my favourite shops!).


All kinds of amazing Christmas Tree ornaments! Pay day is Friday... I'll be rushing to take some of these home with me for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Thank you for coming on board and helping spread the word about Power of Movement! Love the hat :)

    ReplyDelete