Thursday, November 8, 2012

A blog award for me? Liebster

Wow never had one before... so when Brittany of Delightfully awkward Brit commented to say she had nominated me, I was all like whaaaat. Yeah! So first off thanks very much lady, you made me feel soooo special!



 What! and award for me, you must be kidding!

Anyways I think the award is supposed to go to smallish blogs (like myself) and hopefully via checking out all the other winners we get to grow together.

Here's what it entails.

I tell you 11 facts about me. I answer 11 questions from Brittany. I ask 11 questions of my own. I nominate 11 more people.

11 facts of Sara's Life.
  1. Waking up before dawn is one of my biggest pet peves... I am seriously considering buying on of those sunrise alarm clocks.
  2. Despite the title of my blog, I am very bad about remembering to wear my lab coat in the lab.
  3. I spend most of my money on rent, and spend the least of my time in my apartment.
  4. I constantly am making lists...without them I very likely would forget to put on clothes in the morning let alone accomplish anything all day.
  5. Calgary appears to have got half a foot of snow today...I still have summer tires on my car.
  6. It took me until July to remember to get the winter tires off and summers on last summer.
  7. I catch and throw with my right hand, even when wearing a baseball glove on my left, I will still try to catch the ball with my right. This hurts.
  8. Eating spicy food causes me to have almost an allergic reaction, I'm so sensitive to it that foods labelled mild are potent enough to make me sweat.
  9. When you want a fish as a kid, it will probably die right away. When you have fish as an adult, and no longer want them, they will live forever.
  10. My biggest fear in the whole world is drowning, I still love the water tho, as long as I have a pool noodle or something.
  11. I can eat a whole loaf of french bread and container of hummus in one sitting.... I don't do that any more cause I'm trying to be less of a carbs pig.
The answers to 11 questions by Brittany.
  1. What are you listening to right now? Nothing, I'm in the library... but I have the Mumford and Sons CD currently in my car.
  2. Cats or dogs- and why? Dogs because they want you to love them, but I'd settle for a cat right now, cause a dog would be too impractical.
  3. Favorite season? Fall, because I love the way the leaves smell when they are dying, combined with the crispness of the air.
  4. If you could get paid to do anything- I mean, anything- for the rest of your life, what would you choose? I'd want to just be paid for my ideas. I have a lot of good ideas, am en excellent thinker, but I sometimes hate putting in the effort to follow them through. One day I will have my own grad students, and force them to do all the work.
  5. Why did you choose the blog name you did? I choose my blog name back when I choose to start a PhD in Biochemistry, I would be in a lab all day, and thought that would be a good place to build my blog around (hence life in out of a lab coat)
  6. What is the best vacation you have ever been on? Oh so many choices, but for now I'll go with going to Italy this year with my family to visit where they are from.
  7. Is there anything special you are hoping to get for this upcoming Christmas? Not really, I am looking forward to some surprises tho (BF gift eeee!) but what I know I want is to get my car set up to plug directly into my iPod.
  8. If you could only buy clothes from one store for the rest of your life, which store would it be? Might have to go with H&M, I can always find something there, not matter what occasion.
  9. What's one item on your bucket list? I do want to try sky diving one day... lets go with that.
  10. What's your favorite color? Teal, and I even dip dyed my hair that colour this summer, much to my mother's dismay.
  11. If you were a super hero, what special power would you want? I'd be wolverine. That is all.
Now I get to Nominate 11 bloggers for this award!

  1. Kate at Scientific Culture 
  2. Kit at What a Peach 
  3. Amy at A Design Dock 
  4. Katie at Katie is a Teacher 
  5. Trisha at Veranellies 
  6. Hannah at she could be a pharmer in those clothes 
  7. Jen at Nut Case In Point 
  8. Becky at The Bex Factor
  9. MamaJ at the Secret Life of a Scientist's Wife
  10. Leigh at All you need is love
  11. Laura at Scribbles and Sass
And finally 11 questions for them.
  1. On a scale from 1 to 10 how much do you love cheese?
  2. If you could life anywhere else in the world where would it be?
  3. Who is your favourite band/musician?
  4. How do you feel about snow?
  5. What percentage of your day do you spend blogging/thinking about blogging?
  6. What was your favourite childhood tv show?
  7. If you could have a big dog and a little dog, what would their names be, and which one would be the alpha dog?
  8. Do you love what you are doing for work, would you trade it for something else?
  9. Which member of the beatles is your favourite?
  10. Do you prefer sweet, salty or sour?
  11. If you could change the colour of the sky, what colour would you make it?
Anyways, I look forward to seeing some of these answers! Happy blogging!

1 comment:

  1. Hey yeah! I have been meaning to get around to everyone's blogs to let them know about it (but i've been away from my computer more often than not)

    ReplyDelete