Thursday, October 11, 2012

Do I need a business card for my blog?

A stack a business cards collected while Fadra (all things fadra) attended BlogHer11.

If you follow my twitter (@Turner_SR) you might know that last night I attended a Young Women of Influence Evening Series, featuring  Evelyn Ackah, a Calgary based Immigration Lawyer and one of Avenue Magazine's Top 40 under 40. She gave a great talk on Negotiating Your Career, so I've got two posts in my head right now to share that with you.

But my question right now, is "Do I need a business card for my blog?" Last night quite a few of the ladies in attendance asked if I had one, and I didn't. What a let down, especially since I had thought maybe I should get some made, but just haven't had a spare minute to do it.

Do you have a card for your blog/twitter/internet persona?

Do you routinely find yourself asked for one?

Is it a good way to gain new followers?

I guess what holds me back is that for me, my blog is something I do on the side....I only recently owned up to the people in the real world (fam/friends) that I even keep a blog. I still doesn't feel legit sometimes.

What makes me want to move forward on it is that opportunities like blogging for Women of Influence, or attending blogger meet ups means more scenarios where I'd like to have something to leave people I meet with.

Finally, as I have steadily seen my page views increase, comments increase and followers increase, my blog is becoming more 'real' and less my ramblings posted on the internet for the fun of it.

I'd love to hear other peoples opinions on this. And I'll be sure to let you know if I have cards made!

1 comment:

  1. I like to have one for my blog, mostly because I go to Utah Blogger's Meetups, which happen pretty frequently here. It's nice to be able to introduce myself and give people a card where they can read my blog. Outside of blogger events, or blogs for businesses, I don't know that one is really necessary.

    ReplyDelete