Monday, March 30, 2015

The Rock I've been Under

Holy tumbleweeds Batman! This blog's been quite for days!


So in no particular order let me tell you about the rock I've been under.


Spinning the old way, on  drop spindles. You can see the progression I made from the home made CD spindle to nicer spindles and nicer yarns. However, spinning on a spindle only left me wanting more, so I upgraded to a Spinning Wheel.


And yes, I am aware that this purchase officially makes me a 'Spinster'....I guess I just need 7 or 12 cats and I'm set! (Thank god Kevin loves me.)

After one quick practice yarn I blended up some colours and spun myself this beautiful rainbow gradient 2-ply yarn.


Isn't it pretty! I know... maybe you only appreciate something like this if you're a Yarny like me, but if you want to follow along with my spinning/knitting/crochet/yarn adventures, you can do so over at www.YarnLab.ca and I'll try not to bore you all with it too much over here.

So when I'm not wrapped up in wool at home, I've been spending every day in the lab at the myograph checking experiments off my todo list.


This corner of a shared lab has been my home for the past month, and will continue to be for probably the rest of my degree....It's where I'm writing this post right now in fact.

It hasn't been all work and yarn tho, I do get out of the house sometimes, and this Saturday, Kevin and I went out to see a Roughnecks game. A spontaneous decision, enhanced by our luck in getting the last two seats together in the bottom bowl...which just so happened to be in the second row.


The game was a lot of fun, even if they lost to the Rock in the end. Also it just so happened to be 'Red Neck' night, and we were additionally treated to a hill billy beer cooler relay, that had me laughing uncontrollably.


Finally, I've been enjoying all of the beautiful spring weather here in Calgary, much to the dismay of my family back out East who are still under a blanket of snow. It feels like summer is right around the corner, and I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome out from under your rock. It's nice to see you again! Looks like you've been having some fun. I've been missing your namasaturday series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy busy! How much schooling do you have left for your degree?

    ReplyDelete