Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Guinness Storehouse, Dublin

Are you a beer drinker? I only became one in the last few years, and although I seriously enjoy a good microbrew, my go to order (much to my supervisor's constant displeasure) is a Coors Light. I'm not a dark beer drinker, and a pint of Guinness is just about the last thing you'll see in my hand. But when in Ireland, you really just don't have a choice. So here's a couple pictures from my recent tour of the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin, Ireland.


If you're staying in down town Dublin, the Guinness Storehouse is a brief walk away at St. Jame's Gate, the building itself, over 110 years old, is held via a 9000 year lease to Sir Aurthur Guinness. Who apparently had quite a bit of faith in the longevity of his brand and beer.


The self guided tour gives you plenty of visuals, and lots to read about the history of Guinness, the making of beer (and the wooden casks it used to ship in) and the history of the many iconic Guinness adverts. Admission was about 15 euros, and included a pint, which you could learn to pour yourself in the Guinness Academy or you could head up to the 360' view Gravity Bar on the top floor.


I opted for learning how to get that perfect pint of black beer and creamy head! And then brought it upstairs to enjoy the view as well!



And you have to believe me when I say, it's true, there's something extra special about the way Guinness tastes when you're right there in Dublin!



1 comment:

  1. I totally agree that there is nothing better than a Guinness in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete