Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Share your favourite recipe #blogember


http://www.ahappygirl.com/2013/10/blogember-blog-every-day-in-november.html

Today's Blogember Prompt is to share your favourite recipes. Now, that is pretty difficult for me, since I love to cook and bake, and I wouldn't want to share a recipe I've already done on my blog. So let's go with something recent and delicious.




Cinnamon Buns...or as my late grandmother called them "Sticky Wicky's". (at least that's a memory I seem to have about them!)

Not wanting to trust dough to rise in dry old Calgary, I of course do the dough in my bread machine.

Ingredients

1 cup milk
3 tbsp water
1 egg
1/4 butter
3 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3 cups flour
2 tsp dry active yeast

Put all that into the bread machine in the order above, and run the dough setting...which takes about an hour and a half.



 Turn the dough out, and let it rest covered with a big bowl for 10-15 minutes.


 


Then knead and fold the crap out of it, enjoy the process, punch it as hard as you can, it's a particularly shock absorbing dough!





Roll it out flat (I had to separate min into halves for this due to small working area) and spread with filling.

Filling Ingredients:

1/3 cup butter melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
shake a liberal amount of cinnamon into it (to taste).

Then roll it on up, cut it into pieces (scissors work best!) and nest into a well buttered baking dish. I had enough left over for 4 bonus giant rolls.

Bake at 350' for 25 minutes. It's OK to under bake a little...that's the secret to the best cinnamon rolls!

For my icing I mixed 1 stick of light cream cheese with about a cup of icing sugar, a bit of milk and some vanilla....I was just winging it here and suggest you do too!

And of course I was way to excited to eat them to take a picture of the finished product!

What have you been baking up lately?


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I was just today beginning to plan my Thanksgiving breakfast menu for out of town guests, and this will go wonderfully with the egg bake. Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete