Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Seriously Good Soup - Oak Tree Tavern

This past week, Kevin and I met friends for dinner at the Oak Tree Tavern in Kensington. I had been to the small, second story, pub before, for drinks during Salsa Fest, but never eaten there before.

Seriously, I cannot recommend the Oak Tree enough, everyone's food looked amazing. Big portions at reasonable prices. And my meal....Well lets just say, I've been thinking about it all week since.



I know, I know... the picture makes the soup look like a bowl of slop.

But let me wax poetic about it.

First of all the name of that soup,

Dill Pickle Soup.

And I love dill pickles. I can tuck into a jar of pickles the way most girls do into ben and jerry's.

But dill pickle soup, I'll admit, I was apprehensive, and asked our server about it. At her recommendation I gave it a try.

I guess I would describe it as being essentially a potato chowder with a fatty and pickle-y taste, complete with whole pieces of pickle. And over all delicious.

Maybe I'm not selling this soup as best as I can. Maybe you just need to be there to try it for yourself. Either way, you can bet I'm going to be trying to get my hands on the recipe, or at least I'll be dragging Kevin back to the Oak Tree ASAP.

Now onto the sandwich, it was the Oak Tree BLTC, a perfect combo of pesto marinated bocconcini cheese, smoked bacon, kale and tomato. Top it off with a reduced balsamic vinegar aioli and throw the whole thing on a fresh ciabatta bun and you've got one hell of a good sandwich.

And that whole meal (which I devoured without taking time to breath) was only 13 dollars.

Have you eaten anything that good lately?

Click to add a blog post for Oak Tree Tavern on Zomato

3 comments:

  1. I work near there and have ever been. Might have to check it out when I go back :)

    ReplyDelete