Thursday, March 7, 2013

What to Wear: St. Patrick's Day


This week I am participating with a group of some of the loveliest bloggers out there to show you what I'd wear on St. Patrick's Day. Actually, this is exactly what I wore last year, and let me tell you, the fringe on those boots looks awesome when you're doing your best drunker Riverdance.


Dress: H&M
Tights: American Apparel
Boots: Minnetonka
Necklace: A bag on green bead from the dollar store, strung on a length of yarn.
Hair: A dollar store green and white carnation hot glued to a bobby pin
(sometimes it's super easy and inexpensive to make your own seasonal accessories)
 

I am a big fan of green, but I really like the non-typical choice to go with green leggings rather than a shirt or dress, and finding out I was going out with Kev (who I had only just met) and his friends for St. Pat's at the last minute, well I had to throw something cute together! This year I look particularly Irish, I recently home dyed some red into my hair!

Make sure you hop on over to check out the other ladies showing off what to wear on St. Pat's:

Nicole: Gypsy in Jasper
Marcia: Like a Small Fire
Sondra: Abhaya Yoga
Lisa: notladylike
Lisa: LaLa Faux Bois
Sarah: Exploring Woods
Amanda: Salvaged Strawberry
Shayla: Northern Exposure
Lexi: The Girl Who Says Quack
Stacy: Let it Unravel
Amanda: Little Lady Little City
Katie: Chestnut Mocha
Victoria: Life is Better Blonde

Do you have plans for St. Patty's yet? What do you plan on wearing?

12 comments:

  1. You look so cute. I love the fringe boots!!

    Thanks for joining us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for inviting people to join in! I look forward to getting a little more creative with the photo taking next time around!

      Delete
  2. This is such a sophisticated and cute look! I love the lace dress and I can totally picture how awesome those boots would look during some crazy riverdancing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I love these boots, they work summer and winter, and they are just so much fun!

      Delete
  3. Really really love your outfit, so cute! the boots and dress are just so cute!
    og and I love the black and white lamp on the wall behind you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! and the lamp? good old ikea!

      Delete
  4. Yaaay Minnetonkas! My moccasins from them just broke last summer (I need a new leather cord) so I am drooling over your boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are possibly my all time favourit boots ever! I would buy another pair from Minnetonka in a second (well if I could justify spending the money to have two pairs)Sorry to hear yours broke :(

      Delete
  5. Those boots are so cute - and I love that striped blanket in the background! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the striped blanket is the classic Hudson's Bay Company blanket (some good old Canadian Heritage) it's super cozy!

      Delete
  6. Nice tradition to have a certain holiday outfit! Love the dress!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! St. Patrick's Day is also my Nana's birthday ( and the day after my daughters birthday. We are going to be celebrating my daughters first birthday on Saturday and just spending time with family all weekend.

    ReplyDelete