Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Four

Saw this quiz/survey thingy on Bex's blog, and had to fill it out myself. Also it reminded me of the Barenaked Ladies song Four Seconds, so here's the youtube video for that.


1. Four names that people call me, other than my real name:
  • Turner
  • Turnz
  • SARS (yes like the disease -shakes head)
  • Squirrel (Kevin only)
2. Four jobs I have had:
  • Shoppers Drugmart  employee
  • Sea Lamprey Control
  • Environment Canada Freshwater Mussel Immunotoxicologist
  • Grad Student, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Cardiovascular Research
3. Four movies I have watched more than once:
Clearly there are way more than four here, so I went with the Christmas Movies I watch every year.
  • Elf
  • Nightmare Before Christmas
  • A Christmas Story
  • Love Actually
4. Four Books I recommend:
  • Yes Please (Amy Poehler)
  • Bossy Pants (Tina Fey)
  • Let's Pretend this Never Happened (Jenny Lawson)
  • Grace's Guide (Grace Helbig)
5. Four places I have lived:
  • Orangeville, Ontario (Birth through first year of life)
  • Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario (age 1-18)
  • Hamilton, Ontario (18-23)
  • Calgary, Alberta (All of 2010, Sept 2011-present)
6. Four Places I have been:
  • Italy
  • Poland
  • Hawaii
  • London (UK)
7. Four places I would rather be right now:
  • On a beach
  • Hiking somewhere lush
  • Curled up in front of a fireplace
  • Curled up in my own bed
8. Four things I don’t eat:
  • Spicy food
  • Moderately Spicy food
  • Foods other people consider mild but have a tiny kick
  • Large pieces on mushrooms in things
9. Four of my favourite foods:
  • Garlic
  • Cheese
  • Perogies
  • Deep Fried Ravioli's
10. Four TV Shows I watch:
OK, it's an embarrassing list, but these are the only four show's I'm keeping current on this year, everything else I binge watch on Netflix later.
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • The Biggest Loser
  • America's Next Top Model
11. Four things I am looking forward to next year:
  • Mud Hero blog meet up (I stole this one off Bex's list, but I can't wait too!)
  • Wanderlust in Hawaii
  • Kevin finishing Med School and finding out what city we'll live in next
  • World Microcirculation Congress in Japan in the fall.

12. Four things I am always saying:
  • In answer to the question how are things 'Busy'
  • In answer to the question how is grad school 'Busy'
  • In answer to the question how if life 'Busy'
  • BLORFT (see Tina Fey quote below)
 
But seriously, despite the busyness, and the stress, and the blorft, things are great, and I can't wait for the holidays. I'm not a fan of tagging specific people, so whoever wants to borrow this post idea go right ahead.

6 comments:

  1. Wanderlust in Hawaii next year! Amazing.
    Also, perigees are my favourite food too, we will now be lifelong friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've lived in Hamilton too for school. Did you go to McMaster? And I had no idea your BF was in medical school. Does he have lots of school left?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh perogies should have been on my list of favourite foods, sausage too. Yum!

    Your 2015 is going to be AMAZING! I'm incredibly jealous of Wanderlust in Hawaii. And I think we may have to be friends off about Japan. Dream destination right there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Such a great list and learned a lot! Med school - good for him. Perogies. Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those books are on my list for sure! "Busy" is SUCH an overused word in my vocabulary. I need to start using "BLORFT" instead... that should make me stop complaining, hah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Post!
    I like these teaching ideas, http://123essay.org/assignmentmasters-review/ I am going to share it to my friends and I hope that they would like it.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete