Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Liebster again!


 Just got another nomination for a Leibster Award... you can see my first one, from way back in 2012 here.

This nomination comes to me from the very lovely Nikki at Travels with Pen and Paper, so thanks a tonne for thinking of me for this.

For those of you who are interested in playing along, I nominate you: here are the rules

The Rules:
  1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
  2. Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you and then create an 11-question set for the next group of nominees.
  3. Choose up to 11 (or more or less depends on the rules you follow) bloggers to nominate and link them in the post!
  4. Let your nominees know that they’ve been tagged- and no tag-backs!
  5. Nominate blogs under 200 followers
But since I've already done it before, I'm just going to post 11 facts about myself and answer Nikki's 11 questions for me.

Let's do this!

11 fun facts about Sara

  1. It turns out I am horribly allergic to rats...or more likely rodents in general. I now have to wear a darth vadar style mask when I handle them at in the lab.
  2. I love animals, and also do animal research as part of my graduate studies on cardiovascular disease. I don't think that the two are incompatible, in fact I think being an animal lover leads to my having greater respect for the animals we work with.
  3. I don't currently have a pet, due to the conditions in my lease, but I can't wait to get one, specifically I can't wait to get one of these guys:
  4. Kevin and I have yet to agree on the amazing-ness that is the Chinese crested dog, and he swears that if I get one he will never love it.
  5. There are a few words that I spell incorrectly every time I write/type them, and subsequently have to fix my errors. I don't mean I make typos, I mean I have a mental block on how to correctly spell the word. One most common error I make is spelling schedule shedual.
  6. Nothing makes you more proud than teaching your 18 year old cousin how to use a pipette when he comes to visit your lab before starting University, and then learning that he aced his first lab assignment by pipetting with the lowest error, less than half a percent, in his group!
  7. I can't wait to finish my experiments today, because 1: then I get to go to the early yoga class at 4:30 and 2:we will have finished the second week-long cohort of my current study.
  8. I am in fact writing this post while running pressure myography experiments on two rigs, it's the kind of science that requires close enough attention that you don't leave the room for very long, but only require that you do something every 10minutes (unless things go wrong).  Perfect for blogging.
  9. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people stop to have conversations in door ways.... having conversations on stairs is a close second and walking side by side on the side walk, when you see someone coming is a third.
  10. I always have at least 4-5 knitting/crochet/sewing/crafting projects on the go. So recently I decided to throw some of them up on etsy...you can buy some of the things I make here
  11. I decided to name my Etsy shop the Pinapple Farm PhD, because I constantly threaten to quite gradschool and begin growing pineapples... I subsequently began crocheting pineapples.


OK now to answer the 11 questions from Nikki

1. What was your worst job?
Hmmmmmm, not sure if it was my worst job, but definitely my weirdest... I worked one summer for Sea Lamprey Control... which meant we traveled all around Ontario and Michigan hunting and killing lamprey. If you don't know what a sea lamprey is, think eel with suction cup mouth full of teeth that live by sucking the blood out of real fish.


2. If you could teleport, where would you choose to live?
Probably somewhere along the Amalfi Coast in Italy. But really if I could teleport, why pick only one place?

3. What fictional world do you most want to be a part of?
Hmmm maybe an embarrassing answer but definitely in Mercedes Lackey's Velgarth, I mean who doesn't want to be a Herald?
4. What was your favorite childhood toy? 
Most definitely Clifford, my big red stuffed dog, who still lives in my bedroom, btw.


5. What's your favorite vegetable?
This is a tough one... maybe broccoli tho to be honest.
6. Would you rather have a live in chef or live in maid?
A maid for sure, I love to cook, and hate to clean, bonus if the maid will clean up after me in the kitchen.
7. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you want? 
Any animal? maybe if someone could figure out how to make polar bears stay tiny....that is what I would want.
 
8. Townhouse, farm, or cabin in the woods?
Farm! With sheep, for wool. And chickens and ducks... like a hobby farm really.
 
9. If you had a time turner, what moment would you change or relive? 
I don't know if I would change much... but maybe I'd win myself a big lottery with it.
 
10. What was your dream job as a kid?
I for sure wanted to be a veterinarian, until I figured out they had to put animals down too.

11. What's your favorite blogpost?
Hmmm this required looking back through my blog and picking the first awesome one that came to mind. I went with this one from this summer, because I was super proud of the results.

So that's all for now, thanks again to Nikki for the nomination!

1 comment:

  1. Loved this! I love those dogs too. I really, really want to get one of those hairless cats, but my hubs will not even allow the idea of it to be said aloud. He hates cats, though, all except the two we have. I also share your hatred for doorway conversations, or really slow walk and talkers who take up the entire hallway.

    ReplyDelete