Sunday, October 27, 2013

Harry and Lloyd for Halloween

This weekend, many of us will be costuming up, downing some drinks and celebrating one of my all time favourite holidays, Halloween.

From when I was just a kid, I would often have my costuming planned out months in advance, spend many an October Evening fighting with my sewing machine and rock an epic costume come Trick-or-Treating time. Last year I shared the past 5 or so Halloween costumes I've put together, some of which required hours of sewing and ordering bits on ebay months in advance.


Despite the hours I put into it, I only have one solo pic of this costume...taken in the kitchen!

This year was different. A mere 3 days before our Halloween Party, and I still had no idea what I'd be dressing as. Why? Couple Costumes!

I've never done a couple costume before, and this year Kev and I decided we would do one....months ago.

We tossed ideas back and forth, I put together photo collages of great couple costumes from the internet. We just couldn't seem to fall in love with any one idea.

One of 4 photo collages I sent Kev to help us decide... to no avail.

So, Wednesday evening I put my foot down, and insisted we were going out and were not coming home until we had costumes. We headed to a costume shop, and although normally I despair of the idea of buy over priced premade polyester costumes, we saw the pair of these and couldn't walk away from them!



Which just goes to show you.... I sure can rock a top hat!



And just in case you're still not sure who we were dressed as (don't feel bad, you might be born after 1994 as some of the people out at the bar last night were) here's a clip to help you out:




What are you for Halloween this year? Have you had success with couple costumes in the past?

6 comments:

  1. Haha you guys look ace! Personally, I would have gone with the Sheldon and Amy costumes. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Sheldon and Amy would have been pretty cool, but Kev's not bean pole skinny so I doubt we'd have been able to pull it off! Thanks for dropping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Brilliant! That's the best couple's costume I've seen this year.

    I've only done one couples costume -- a couple of years ago, the manfriend and I went as Wayne and Garth. I was Garth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We seriously considered doing Wayne and Garth, it's an awesome costume too!

      Delete
  3. Nice couple and the blue looks awesome on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! I've never done a couples costume but inthinknitnwould be super fun!

    ReplyDelete